Everything about RAT's + How not to get one on your computer + How to remove a rat

15 posts in this topic

What is a RAT?

-A RAT is also a shortcut called Remote Administrator Tool. It is mostly used for malicious purposes, such as controlling PC's, stealing victims data, deleting or editing some files. You can only infect someone by sending him file called Server and they need to click it.

What can RATs do?

- Here is list of basic features of a common RAT:

• Manage files

• Control web browser(Change homepage, open site etc.)

• Get system informations(OS Version, AV name, Ram Memory, Computer name etc.)

• Get passwords, credit card numbers or private data etc.

• View and remote control desktop

• Record camera & sound

• Control mouse

• Delete, rename, download, upload or move files

How do I protect myself against RATs?

-Never run programs from malicious websites.

-Never run programs posted by new members / members with bad reputation.

-Never accept a "Java drive-by" popup. (example: kingog.atwebpages.com/watch.htm)

dont worry, this rat is controlled by me, i will uninstall it remotely from your computer if you click "allow" on accident! do not click allow tho, never!

Are RATs illegal?

Well some RATs are legal, and some are not. Legal are the one without backdoor left, and they have abillity to close connection anytime. Illegal are used for hacking and they can steal data(Credit Cards, Passwords, private data etc.).

Legal:

TeamViewer - Access any remote computer via Internet just like sitting in front of it - even through firewalls.

UltraVNC - Remote support software for on demand remote computer support. VNC.Specializing in Remote Computer Support, goto my pc, goto assist, Remote Maintenance

Ammyy Admin - Ammyy Admin is a highly reliable and very friendly tool for remote computer access. You can provide remote assistance, remote administration or remote

Mikogo - Mikogo is an Online Meeting, Web Conferencing & Remote Support tool where you can share your screen with 10 participants in real-time over the Web.

Illegal:

Spy-Net

Cerberus Rat

CyberGate Rat

SubSeven

Turkojan

ProRat

What do do if you're infected!

1. Run a full system scan with your antivirus. Make sure it is up to date.

2. Download and install either/all of the following:

-Spybot Search and Destroy

-Ad-Aware

-Malwarebytes' AntiMalware

3. Clear your temp file with ATF Cleaner:

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run it.

Under 'Main' check the 'Select All' box.

Press the 'Empty Selected' button.

If you use Firefox browser:

Click Firefox at the top and then check the 'Select All' box.

Note: If you wish to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser:

Click Opera at the top and then check the 'Select All' box.

Note: If you wish to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.

4. Do this if the above steps don't help you remove the infection entirely:

Download HijackThis from TrendMicro.

Install it and run it.

Click Do a system scan and save log file.

Post the log file here and the community will try to help you!

u only did this becus of what i showed on tinychat :3

anywhore RAT's cant steal banking info nor messenger password because the password dont save in ur cookies. only trojans like spy-eye and zeus can keylog banking info

also if u have a RAT just go to task manager evertime u start up ur pc and close explorer.exe(ONLY IF YOU HAVE 2 OF THEM) close the one that's not using much space.

some rats are persistent and wont go away unless u do a full format.

anywhore RAT's cant steal banking info nor messenger password because the password dont save in ur cookies. only trojans like spy-eye and zeus can keylog banking info

also if u have a RAT just go to task manager evertime u start up ur pc and close explorer.exe(ONLY IF YOU HAVE 2 OF THEM) close the one that's not using much space.

lol no, i worked with rats wayy before that shit came to ufg :lol:

will, you can steal banking info with a rat, ad also the messenger password, its possible to record the keyboard and you can copy the registry, cookies, userdata and stuff like thatto your computer.

closing the explorer.exe doesnt kill most rats and also, many hackers use different names for their rats instead of using explorer.exe.

and persistent rats do go away without formatting if you do it correctly ;)

will, you can steal banking info with a rat, ad also the messenger password, its possible to record the keyboard and you can copy the registry, cookies, userdata and stuff like thatto your computer.

closing the explorer.exe doesnt kill most rats and also, many hackers use different names for their rats instead of using explorer.exe.

i know closing explorer.exe (or anyother process that uknow it could be the rat) wont kill the RAT but it would take u off the hackers pc until u restart ur machine.

anyways as far as iknow u cant keylog bank info nor paypal info with a simple RAT

i know closing explorer.exe (or anyother process that uknow it could be the rat) wont kill the RAT but it would take u off the hackers pc until u restart ur machine.

anyways as far as iknow u cant keylog bank info nor paypal info with a simple RAT

stop using those weak, free rats :D

Next tutorial should be on how to infect a computer with a RAT :lol: